There are three main muscles in your shoulder: the anterior deltoid, the lateral deltoid, and the posterior deltoid. You’ll need to build out all of these muscles if you want strong, balanced shoulders.
These are the.best shoulder workout you can easily do at home.
( Note: You must need at least 2 dumbbells and a barbell )
Dumbbell standing shoulder press
Dumbbell standing shoulder press increases strength throughout the entire shoulder region. Performing the exercise from the standing position will actively engage the core throughout the range of motion.
How to do
* Standing with your feet shoulder width apart, take a dumbbell in each hand. Raise the dumbbells to head height, the elbows out and about 90 degrees.
* Maintaining strict technique with no leg drive or leaning back, extend through the elbow to raise the weights together directly above your head.
* Pause, and slowly return the weight to the starting position.
* Build upper body mass & strength.
* This exercise works on shoulders and triceps.
* This exercise makes your shoulders healthy.
* Easy to do.
* This exercise works agreat number of muscles in the arms and shoulder.
The dumbbell lateral raise is a good exercise for building width in your upper body which gives you the “V” shape.
How to do
* Grab a set of dumbbells and stand straight up with the dumbbells at your sides. Your palms should be facing your body. This is your starting position for the exercise.
* Lift the dumbbells to your side with a slight bend on the elbow and the hands slightly tilted forward.
Continue to go up until you arms are parallel to the floor. Exhale as you execute this movement and pause for a second at the top.
* Lower the dumbbells back down slowly to the starting position as you inhale.
* The dumbbell lateral raise also works the muscles that support and stabilize your shoulders.
* Makes your shoulders wider and stronger.
* Lateral raise helps build up width in your upper body, giving you that coveted “V” shape.
The press is set up by taking a barbell and putting it on the anterior deltoids. This can be done by taking the barbell from a rack or by cleaning the weight from the floor.
Performing it standing recruits many more muscle groups in order to maintain balance and support the lift, rather than performing it seated.
How to do
* Choose a barbell that you can comfortably lift to shoulder height to start with. Don’t start a new exercise with the hardest weight you can muster.
* Grip the bar slightly wider than shoulder width, with your palms facing forward and up.
* Exhale as you push the bar straight above your head. Extend your arms up simultaneously until they are straight. The bar will be above you and slightly in front of your head. Hold this position for a half second — this is your starting pose.
* Inhale as you lower the bar back to your collar bone.
* Push the bar back up to finish one rep.
* Repeat and do 3.sets of 10 reps.
* One of the easiest upper-body exercises.
* It focuses on the shoulders and triceps.
* This exercise offers the benefit of improved shoulder health and protection against injuries when done correctly.
* It makes the shoulder muscles stronger.
* Increase Your lockout strength.
Dumbbell front raise
Dumbbell front raises are a muscle-building move that targets your shoulders. The front raiseis aweight training exercise. This exercise is an isolation exercise which isolates shoulder flexion. It primarily works the anterior deltoid, with assistance from the serratus anterior, biceps brachii and clavicular portions of the pectoralis major.
How to do
* Pick a couple of dumbbells and stand with a straight torso and the dumbbells on front of your thighs at arms length with the palms of the hand facing your thighs.
* While maintaining the torso stationary (no swinging), lift the left dumbbell to the front with a slight bend on the elbow and the palms of the hands always facing down. Continue to go up until you arm is slightly above parallel to the floor. Exhale as you execute this portion of the movement and pause for a second at the top. Inhale after the second pause.
* Now lower the dumbbell back down slowly to the starting position as you simultaneously lift the right dumbbell.
* Continue alternating in this fashion until all of the recommended amount of repetitions have been performed for each arm.
* Dumbbell front raises develop your anterior shoulder muscles.
* front raises can resultin an increase in your shoulder muscular size or strength.
* This exercise also helps you perform everyday activities, particularly lifting objects.
* The exercise also utilizes the muscles of your upper back as stabilizing muscles, meaning they are engaged with your deltoids in lifting the dumbbells.
* The exercise also works the front of your arm and chest muscles, including the biceps and pectorals.
The shoulder shrug is an exercise in weight training use to develop the upper trapezius muscle.
Shrugs target the muscles of the upper back and shoulders.
How to do
* Stand erect with a dumbbell on each hand (palms facing your torso), arms extended on the sides.
* Lift the dumbbells by elevating the shoulders as high as possible while you exhale. Hold the contraction at the top for a second.
* Lower the dumbbells back to the original position.
* This exercise helps you to lift heavy items and carrying luggage, briefcases and bag.
* Very easy to do.
* This exercise will make your shoulders, neck, and back all look much bigger.
* This exercise will help to improve posture and decrease neck pain from sitting at a desk all day.
There are no secrets to success.
It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
– Colin Powell