If you don’t have the time to get to the gym or can’t afford a membership, you still can get a comprehensive back workout at home.These are the top 10 best monster back workout at home.
( Note: You must need atleast 2 dumbbells and a barbell.)
A pull-up is an upper body compound pulling exercise. Pull ups are one of the best ways to measure the upper body strength. Pull ups was also used as part of military test in places such as Singapore. Pullup is the best exercise for your upper back. If you don’t have pullup bar don’t worry you can do this exercise on tree and door etc.
How to do
* Grip a pullup bar with your palms facing out.
* Pull your bodyweight up until your chin is slightly above the bar.
* Lower yourself until your arms are almost fully extended.
* Repeat and do another pullup. If possible, do 3 sets of 10 reps.
* Pullups are one of the most convenient exercises around. You can do this exercise pretty much anywhere.
* Pullup works on your back and arms also.
* One of the best benefits of pullups is that there are so many different variations of the pullup.
* Build Upper Body Mass and Strength.
* One of the great benefits of pullups is that they work a variety of muscles simultaneously.
* Easy to do ad no equipment is needed.
* Pull-ups can help develop powerful forearms and grip strength to help improve your performance in several sports.
* Pullup helps to reduce fat.
Both pull-ups and chin-ups are two of the best exercises for back and overall upper body conditioning. However, they target the muscles a bit differently. Both exercises will work the latissimus dorsi and biceps.
The chin-up is a strength training exercise. People frequently do this exercise with the intention of strengthening muscles such as the latissimus dorsiand biceps, which extend the shoulder and flex the elbow, respectively.
How to do
* Put your hands on the bar with your palms facing your body.Whereas a pull-up would begin with your palms facing away, a chin-up begins with your palms facing your body. Grip the bar comfortably but firmly, with your hands spaced a few inches apart.
* Raise your body until your chin is above the bar. Use your upper arm strength to lift your body toward the bar, stopping when your chin is above the bar.
* Lower yourself back down. Using a slow, controlled motion, lower yourself until your arms are straight.
* Repeat and do 3 sets.
* Chinups are also beneficial for strengthening the major muscle groups in your arms.
* A chinup only offers its health benefits.
* Improving the strength of your back muscles can prevent back injury and pain.
* Chin-ups, like most pull-ups, target the latissimus dorsi muscle of the back.
The bent over row is often used for both body building and power lifting. It is a good exercise for increasing strength and size. A bent-over row is a weight training exercise that targets a variety of back muscles.This lift also has the added benefit of working your latissimus dorsi, or lower back, and the muscles in your arms, such as your biceps.
How to do
* Choose a flat bench and place a dumbbell on each side of it.
* Place the right leg on top of the end of the bench, bend your torso forward from the waist until your upper body is parallel to the floor, and place your right hand on the other end of the bench for support.
* Use the left hand to pick up the dumbbell on the floor and hold the weight while keeping your lower back straight. The palm of the hand should be facing your torso.
* Pull the resistance straight up to the side of your chest, keeping your upper arm close to your side and keeping the torso stationary. Breathe out as you perform this step.
* Lower the resistance straight down to the starting position. Breathe in as you perform this step.
* Repeat the movement for the specified amount of repetitions.
* Switch sides and repeat again with the other arm.
* The dumbbell bent-over row works several muscles in your upper body, including your traps, rhomboids, lats, biceps and rear shoulders.
* Dumbbell Rows, or One-Arm Dumbbell Rows, are famous for getting that V-Shape in your back.
* It eliminates the risk to your lower back.
The deadlift is an excellent compound exercise that targets the quads, hamstrings, gluteal muscles, lower back, traps, and forearms. It will make you feel like a beast when you do it.
if not done properly, serious injury such as a herniated disc can occur.
How to do
* Prepare the barbell. Place the barbell on the ground and attach weights to it according to your strength.
* Bend your knees while keeping your back straight, so that you are sitting back. It is important to bend from the hips rather than from your waist. Remember, a deadlift is not a squat.
Keep your hips back but not down. In other words, have your hips at about 45 degrees to the ground.
* Grab the bar.
You should be close enough to reach the barbell, and grab it with your hands slightly more than shoulder width apart, outside of your legs. You should keep your arms straight.
* Set your hips and legs. Put the barbell over the middle of your feet. Bend down with your butt back until your shins hit the bar. Keep the lower part of your legs mostly vertical. The angle between your foot and your lower leg should be close to 135 degrees.
* Straighten your back and keep your head in line with your back.
* Lift the bar.Stand up by raising your hips and shoulders at the same rateand maintaining a flat back. Keep your abs tight during the whole lift. You should lift the bar straight up vertically and close to your body,
* Lower the bar. Keeping your back straight.
* Dead-lift increases your core strength and adds to core stability.
* It develops gripping strength.
* The Deadlift is one of the safest weightlifting exercises you can perform.
* This exercise increases the amount of testosterone and growth hormone produced by your body.
The T-bar row is a multi-joint exercise that increases strength throughout the upper body with an emphasis on the back and shoulders.
How to do
* Place the end of an empty barbell into the corner of a room.
* Load the opposite end of the bar with plates and straddle it.
* Bend over at the hips until your torso is about a 45-degree angle to the floor with arms extended.
* Hook a V-grip handle under the bar and hold with both hands.
* Keeping your lower back in its natural arch, squeeze your shoulder blades together and pull the bar until the plates touch your chest.
* T-bar rows also work your shoulders and the pulling muscles in your arms — biceps, brachialis and brachioradialis.
* Easy to do and you can do this exercise at anywhere.
This low-intensity exercise helps strengthen difficult areas of the back to work out.
The pullover is an exercise that is performed with either a dumbbell or a barbell. Pullovers can be made to affect either the chest or the back depending on how wide the grip is (barbell) and the position of the shoulders.
How to do
* Lie across a bench length wise, with your feet on the floor and your knees at a 90-degree angle.
* Hold a dumbbell straight out towards the ceiling with both hands, keeping your elbows just slightly bent.
* Lower the dumbbell behind your head and down below the bench, keeping your arms mostly straight.
* Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
* To make this exercise more challenging, you can increase the weight of the dumbbell.
* Some experts say pullovers are an effective chest and back exercise.
* the pullover movement using a barbell suggested more effect on the Pectoralis major muscleas compare to the Latisimus dorsi.
* This exercise also stretches body and makes it flexible.
This exercise works the muscles of the upper back—the trapezius and latissimus dorsi as well as the biceps as a secondary muscle group.The Inverted Row is the ultimate upper back exercise.
How to do
* Lie on the floor underneath the bar.
* Grab the bar with an overhand grip. Your palms facing away from you.
* Contract your abs, and try to keep your body a completely straight line.
* Pull yourself up to the bar until your chest touches the bar.
* Lower yourself back down.
* Repeat and do 3 sets.
* One of the best exercises for back and arms.
* The Inverted Row is definitely a physique builder alone or in a well designed program.
* NO Lower-back strain
The superman exercise is a medium-intensity exercise that strengthens your lower back and core muscles by isolating them as you lift your arms and legs off the floor.
The Superman exercise is a simple body-weight movement that you can perform just about anywhere.
How to do
* Lie face down.To begin, you need to lay flat on your stomach with your face towards the floor.
* Extend both of your arms out in front of you. Keep your elbows slightly bent.
* Lift your legs and arms off the ground as if you are flying. You want to keep your core in the stationary position.
* You want to lift your chest up off the ground using your back muscles to keep your arms and legs elevated.
* Hold this position for one minute or two to five seconds per set, depending on how many sets you intend to do.
* Release. After you’ve held this position for the predetermined amount of time, release it.
* Repeat this process and do 3 sets.
* The Superman exercise primarily targets the erector spinae, or the three long muscles that surround the spine.
* This exercise primarily targets muscles in the back, but it incorporates a variety of synergists and stabilizer muscles as well.
* Stretches and strengthens the muscles of the chest, shoulders, arms, legs, abdomen and the lower back.
* Improves blood circulation.
* Walk your feet up the wall while keeping your core tight, hips flexed and spine neutral.
* Place your palms firmly on the ground just outside shoulder width as you begin to inch your hands towards the wall. The top of the position will be reached when just your nose and toes touch the wall with firm hand placement on the floor and rigid core for a “hollow body” position
* Upon completion, safely come down by walking your hands away from the wall and bringing your feet down in a controlled manner.
* Repeat for 3 reps with a 15-30 second static hold, and 30-60 seconds rest between sets.
* This exercise improves your strength and balance.
* This exercise mostly targets your back and arms.
* You can do this exercise at anywhere.
Push up is the best exercise for your upperback, chest, triceps and arms. This is best upper body exercise. You can do this exercise at anywhere and without any equipment.
How to do
* Get into a high plank position. Place your hands firmly on the ground, directly under shoulders.
* Begin to lower your body keeping your back flat.
* Repeat and do 3 sets every day.
* Best exercise for your back as well as chest.
* Pushups allow your heart to pump blood faster both during and after the exercise.
* Pushups use your own weight and resistance, eliminating the need for bulky equipment or expensive gym memberships. You can perform this exercise almost anywhere at any time.
I don’t believe in taking right decisions.
I take decisions and then make them right.
– Ratan Tata