Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays for Spanish club Real Madrid and the Portugal national team. He is a forward and serves as captain for Portugal.
Cristiano Ronaldo was born on 5 February 1985 in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal.His mother, Maria Dolores dos Santos Aviero was a cook. Cristiano’s father,Jose Dinis Aveiro served as a municipal gardener. Cristiano was the youngest child in the family. His siblings were Hugo Aveiro, Liliana Aveiro, and Elma Aveiro.
Ronaldo was named the best Portuguese player of all time by the Portuguese Football Federation, during its 100th anniversary celebrations in 2015. He is the only player to win four European Golden Shoe awards. One of the most marketable athletes in sport, in 2016 Forbes named Ronaldo the world’s best paid athlete. In June 2016,ESPN ranked him the world’s most famous athlete. His combined income from salaries, bonuses and off-field earnings was $73 million in 2013–14 and$79 million in 2014–15. In 2016 he became the first footballer to top the Forbes list of highest-earning athletes, with a total income of$88 million from his salary and endorsements in 2015–16.
About Cristiano Ronaldo
- Full name — Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro
- Nick Names — CR7, Cris, Ron, Ronnie, The Sultan Of The Stepover
- Date of birth — 5 February 1985
- Place of birth — Funchal,Madeira, Portugal
- Nationality — Portuguese
- Occupation — Soccer player
- Position — Forward
- Shirt Number — 7
- Manager — Jorge Mendes
- Religion — Roman Catholic
- Race / Ethnicity — Multiracial
- Sun Sign — Aquarius
- Father — José Dinis Aveiro (Municipal Gardener)
- Mother — Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro (Cook)
- Siblings — Hugo Aveiro (Older Brother), Elma Aveiro (Older Sister), Liliana Cátia Aveiro (Older Sister)
- Others — Isabel da Piedade (Great Grandmother)
- Website — www.cristianoronaldo.com
- Build — Athletic
- Height — 1.85 m (6 ft 1 inches)
- Weight — 83 kg (183 lbs)
- Chest — 43 inches
- Thighs — 24.5 inches
- Biceps — 13 inches
- Waist — 33 inches
- Shoe Size — 9 (US)
- Hair Color — Dark Brown
- Eye Color — Light Brown
Cristiano has been strict to his basic diet plan in order to get a good physique.The daily food intake is divided into 6 smaller meals separated by a period of 2-4 hours. According to Ronaldo eating less, but eating in a more distributed way during the day, will help your body turning stronger and also keep your metabolism high. His diet includes mainly proteins, carbs and calories. He focuses on eating simple whole foods, like fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean protein. He has a low fat body which amounts to less than 10%. He avoids heavy drinks and prefers intakes of fresh juices. He also avoids sugar supplements as well in his diet so as to maintain and improve blood sugar level. He also stay hydrated with a sports drink that gives him energy for training and matches. It has a mix of carbohydrates that boosts endurance and is lower than many other sports drinks in sugar. It also contains electrolytes to help with hydration and vitamin B12 that fights fatigue.
- A breakfast is recommended after a sound sleep of 8 hours so that the body is rested well. It must include wholegrain or wholewheat cereal with fruit juice, foods like eggs, cereals, etc. for carbohydrates and proteins.
- He eats low calories food in lunch. Lunch includes chicken/meat with salad, whole wheat pasta, baked potato, green vegetables, fruits or a low calorie meal. Chicken and pasta provides minerals, vitamins and proteins. To provide fats in the body, Cristiano prefers to go for salads, which provide carbohydrates rather than sugary foods that increase fats in the body.
- It includes tuna roll with fruit juice/lemon juice.
- Dinner consists of rice with pulses, chicken or turkey breasts, beans, and fruits. According to him dinner should be rich in fiber as well as proteins and vitamins. He avoids dinner before bedtime.
- Ronaldo takes supplements that provide adequate proteins. Supplements includes protein shakes, joint supplements, multi-vitamins.Proteins are important in enhancing the tone of the muscle and energy during the training.
Ronaldo’s training philosophy is to work out 3-4 hours a day on 5 days of a week. Moreover, he sleeps for at least 8 hours every night, which gives his body enough rest to recover after a day’s hard work. He mainly focuses on power,explosion and speed.
- Barbell Squat (1 set, 8 reps)
- Box Jump (Multiple Response) (1 set, 10-20 reps)
- Broad Jump (1 set, 8 reps )
- Jumping Lunge (1 set, 8 reps)
- Lateral Bound (1 set, 10 reps) (Each leg)
Repeat circuit 3x
- Burpee Pull-up (1 set, 10-15 reps)
- Bench Dips (1 set, 20 reps)
- Pushups (1 set, 20-30 reps)
- Medicine Ball Chest Pass (1 set, 15 reps)
- Push Press
DAY 4 (Quads and Cardio)
DAY 5 (Stability and Core)
- One Arm Side Deadlift (3 sets, 5 reps) (Each arm)
- Kettlebell One-Legged Deadlift (2 sets, 10 reps) (Each leg)
- Knee Tuck Jump (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Overhead Slam (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
- One Leg Barbell Squat (2 sets, 2-5 reps) (Each leg)
- Hanging Leg Raise (3 sets, 10-15 reps)
DAY 7 (Cardio)
- Rope Jumping (10 sets, 2 min) (1 minute on, 1 minute rest)
- Jogging-Treadmill, Sprinting (10 sets, 50 meter sprints)
- Be disciplined. Keeping yourself motivated and sticking to your routine is key.
- Set yourself goals. It will help to keep you focused and work towards something.
- Cardio sessions are also key for building up endurance and stamina, and to stay trim. Cardio must be done for average 25-30 minutes.
- Make sure you stay hydrated. Drinking water is so important.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Warm-up before exercise. Warming up properly prevents injury.
- Proper sleep is really important for getting the most out of training. A good sleep is the secret for good health. Sleep at least 7-8 hours.
|Ronaldo with his son.|
Talent without working hard is nothing.
– Cristiano Ronaldo