- Full name — Lionel Andrés Messi
- Nick Name — La Pulga
- Date of birth — 24 June 1987
- Place of birth — Rosario, Argentina
- Nationality — Argentina
- Religion — Roman Catholic
- Sun Sign — Cancer
- Occupation — Soccer Player
- Playing position — Forward
- Current team — Barcelona
- Number — 10
- Height — 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)
- Weight — 67 kg or 148 pounds
- Shoe Size — 10 (US)
- Race / Ethnicity — Hispanic
- Hair Color — Dark Brown
- Eye Color — Dark Brown
- Father — Jorge Horácio Messi (Factory steel worker)
- Mother — Celia María Cuccittini (Part-time cleaner)
- Siblings — Rodrigo (Older Brother), Matías (Older Brother), María Sol (Sister)
- Partner — Antonella Roccuzzo
- Children — Thiago Messi
- This includes protein shakes 3 times a day, 7-8 glasses of water in order to avoid dehydration. The diet is called low carb high protein diet. Messi believes in cutting down the carbohydrates from his body and building it gradually as the time of match comes. This way his body maximizes the availability of blood sugar, in sufficient amount inside the body, and thus giving the body a good shape.
- In this Messi takes soup before every meal. The soup must contain a high amount of turmeric, chilli powder and coriander and ginger so as to help the body in making blood thin which results in increased blood flow. Thin blood improves your circulation to all your body organs. With thinner blood and improved circulation you will have less risk of vascular accidents (such as clots and hemorrhages) affecting your brain, eyes, heart, intestines and limbs.
- Messi takes fish/prawn/chicken in addition with boiled potatoes, green vegetables and fruits in his afternoon diet for strength. This also repairs his muscle after workout.
- Messi invests this time in sleeping rather than being awake and eat because getting extra sleep can even improve athletic performance. He takes wheat related food if he is not able to take some rest because wheat-related product can slow down the body and urges him to sleep more.
- Messi prefers to have seasonal fruits 70-90 minutes before the match. Fruits contains vitamins and fibers, helps to boost his energy before match.
Messi does not spend his time in gym. He follows special workouts of all kinds specially for legs. His instructor helps him to maintain fit body for his consistence performance. Messii’s training workout program consists of two different workouts. Workout 1 deals with linear speed and workout 2 deals with movement in different directions.
Linear Speed Movement
- Pillar bridge (2 sets of 30 sec)
- Knee hug lunge (1 set 4 each side)
- Inverted hamstring stretch (1 set 4 each side)
- Pillar skip (1 set 15 yards)
- Rapid response 2-foot – linear (2 sets 5 seconds)
- Hurdle hop (2-3 sets 5 hurdles each)
- Split squat jump (2-3 sets 4 each side)
- Acceleration wall drill (2 sets, 5 each)
- Acceleration wall drill single exchange (2 sets, 5 each)
- Acceleration wall drill triple exchange (2 sets, 5 each)
- Acceleration split stance (3-5, 10 yards)
- Acceleration to base (3-5, 10 yards)
Multidirectional Speed Movement
- Pillar bridge lateral (2 sets 30 sec)
- Lateral lunge (1 set 4 each)
- Rotational lunge stretch (1 set 4 each)
- Pillar skip lateral (1 set 10 yards each)
- Hurdle hop Lateral (2-3 sets 5 hurdles)
- Lateral bound (2 sets 4 each)
- Lateral shuffle to cut (2-3 sets, 4 each)
- 3-hurdle drill stabilization (2 sets)
- 3-hurdle drill continuous (2 sets)
- 3-hurdle drill to drop step (2 sets, 3 each)
- Mirror drill (3-4 sets, 5-10 sec)
You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.
— Lionel Messi