Usain St. Leo Bolt is a Jamaican sprinter. Usain is regarded as the fastest man in the world. He is the first man to win six Olympic Gold medals in sprinting and as well an eight time World Champion. Bolt held several records as a sprinter such as 100 and 200 meters world record, 4*100 meters relay record with his teammates.
Bolt is one of the best athlete in the thirty years of the history of athletes. Bolt has won many awards, his awards the IAAF World Athlete of the Year, Track & Field Athlete of the Year, and Laureus World Sportsman of the Year (three times). All these achievements of Usain Bolt gave him the media nickname “Lightning Bolt”.
Bolt was born on 21 August 1986 in Sherwood Content, a small town in Trelawny, Jamaica, and grew up with his parents. His parents ran the local grocery store in the rural area, and Bolt spent his time playing cricket and football in the street with his brother, later saying, “When I was young, I didn’t really think about anything other than sports”. By the age of twelve, Bolt had become the school’s fastest runner over the 100 meters distance.
- Full name = Usain St. Leo Bolt
- Nick Name = Lightning Bolt, V.J.
- Born = 21 August 1986
- Born place = Sherwood Content,Trelawny, Jamaica
- Residence = Kingston, Jamaica
- Nationality = Jamaican
- Occupation = Sprinter
- Education = William Knibb Memorial High School
- Father = Wellesley Bolt
- Mother = Jennifer Bolt
- Siblings = Sadiki (Brother), Sherine (Sister)
- Girlfriends = Mizicann Evans (2004-2011), Taneish Simpson (2010), Lubica Kucerova (2011-2012), April Jackson (2013)
- Zodiac Sign = Leo
- Religion = Christianity
- Race / Ethnicity = Black
- Hair Color = Black
- Eye Color = Dark Brown
- Build = Athletic
- Height = 1.95 m (6 ft 5 in)
- Weight = 94 kg (207 lb)
- Chest = 42 in (106 cm)
- Waist = 33 in (84 cm)
- Biceps = 15½ in (39 cm)
- Shoe Size = 13 (US)
Usain eats 6 meals a day consisting proper amount of protein, carbohydrates, and fat. His diet comprises yam, a super food that helps boost energy and fights muscle inflammation. He mixes Gatorade with water and drinks it consistently throughout the day and get hydrated.
- Bolt eats Jamaican dish containing Ackee, saltfish, yellow yam, potato, and cooked banana in breakfast for proteins.
- In lunch Bolt eats tuna or snapper with wholewheat bread and brown rice. Tuna has omega-3nfatty acid, which helps prevent high blood pressure.
- In dinner Bolt eats chicken, pork or beef mixed with brown rice. Chicken is one of the best non-vegetarian sources of protein. It is lean meat, which means that it contains more amount of proteins and less amount of fat.
Usain Bolt’s workout routine includes, weightlifting, and flexibility training along with running and balance training. He makes sure that he works out six days a week. Bolt’s workout includes variety of exercises such as box jumps, frog leaps, high knee skips, ankle rolls, step ups and many more. He usually spends 3 hours daily for training purposes. He concentrates on core-centric exercises to condition his weak core muscles. Moreover, these exercises help in enhancing muscle strength and explosiveness, as well as increasing the flexibility to stretch the stride.He performs abs exercises for flexibility and weightlifting for strength. He Sprints 90 minutes in gym for agility and speed. Here are his exercises –
- Leg Raises (3 sets, 30 seconds rest)
- Side Sweeps (3 sets, 30 seconds rest)
- Reverse Crunches (3 sets, 30 seconds rest)
- Side Plank Clams (3 sets, 30 seconds rest)
- Bunny Hops (5 sets, 20 reps)
- Box Jumps (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Bounding (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Cable Knee Drives (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Hanging Leg Raises (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Box Jump with Medicine Ball Slam (4 sets, 5 reps)
- Good Morning (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Barbell Lunge (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Sled Push (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Barbell Landmine Exercises (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Power Clean (5 sets, 3 reps)
- Explosive Barbell Step-Ups (4 sets, 6-8 reps)
- Romanian Deadlift (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Sled Drag (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Barbell Ab Rollout (3 sets, 10 reps)
“There are better starters than me but I’m a strong finisher.”
— Usain Bolt