Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Studies show that eating a healthy breakfast lowers cholesterol levels. Breakfast is imperative for maintaining energy levels throughout the day. While you may be munching on multi grain break at 7 am, ever wondered what the morning meal of successful people is like?
Here is a list of the diet routines of the rich and famous.
Bill Gates (Founder of Microsoft)
- Bill gates starts his day with pancakes, eggs and bacon.
- Pancakes and eggs are the good source protein and vitamins D.
- Bacon is not only rice in protein, but also lowers blood pressure and sugar levels.
Jack Dorsey (Co-founder of Twitter)
- Jack Dorsey eats two hard boiled eggs with soya sauce. He wakes up daily at 5:30 am and goes for a jog.
- Soya sauce and eggs are rich in vitamins A and c and minerals also such as potassium, iron, zinc, and calcium.
Barack Obama (President of America)
- Barack Obama’s first meal contains four to six eggs, potatoes and wheat toast, and occasionally fruit, bacon and oatmeal.
- While eggs are a healthy source of protein and vitamin D, potatoes promote brain function and also contains Vitamin B6 and folic acid, which generate neurotransmitter like serotonin and melatonin. They are easy to digest and rich in blood lowering compounds called kukoamines.
- Amitabh Bachchan is known for his healthy and disciplined life. His mornings start with two glasses of hot water and 15ml aloe vera juice. For breakfast, he prefers a bowl of muesli with skimmed milk. On some days, he eats two idlis and a small bowl of sambhar.
- The betasitosterol in aloe vera juice helps lower cholesterol and cleanses blood of impurities.
- Warm water in the morning increases metabolism.
- Idli sambhar is rich in carbohydrates, fibre and protein.
Warren Buffett (American Businessman)
- Warren Buffett starts his day with a bowl of ice-cream.
- Not only does it make him feel young, if paired with fruit or made with low-fat yogurt, it will be low on fat, sugar and calories.
- Richard Branson’s breakfast is simple and brous. And ideal breakfast for Branson is fruit salad and muesli.
- Muesli contains less sugar and calories compared to other cereals. It is high in fibre and whole grains, which regulate the digestive system.
- Hrithik Roshan follows a strict diet. His breakfast contains of egg whites and a slice of multigrain bread.
- Multigrain bread consists fiber, vitamins and minerals, particularly manganese and selenium and is comparative low on calories.
- Egg whites contain only 17 calories and no saturated fat or cholesterol.
Payal Kadakia starts her day with grean tea and fruits like strawberries.
- Green Tea contains bioactive compounds that improve health and brain and make you smarter. Green tea also has small amounts of minerals that are important for health and help to reduce fat.
- Fruits are low in calories and fat and are a source of simple sugars, fiber, and vitamins, which are essential for optimizing our health.
- Al Roker’s breakfast consists of protein powder, fiber powder, 8 ounces of almond milk, frozen berries, ginger, and a little agave nectar. Sometimes Roker throws in almond butter.
- Almonds are a great source of vitamin E and other antioxidants that nourish the skin and reduce signs of aging. Almonds are often considered one of the best brain foods.
- Milk is good for the bones. Milk offers a rich source of calcium, a mineral essential for healthy bones and teeth.
John Mackey (Founder and co-CEO of Whole Foods Market)
- John Mackey’s breakfast includes almond, oat, rice, or soy milk, fresh fruit, and kale or spinach leaves.
- Oatmeal is a whole grain, and eating whole grains can lower your risk for several diseases, including high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
- Rice is a good source of carbohydrates. Rice is low in sodium, so it is considered one of the best foods for those suffering from highblood pressure and hypertension.
- Soy milk reduces cholesterol. Soy milk is rich in isoflavones. The presence of isoflavones is the most important and unique benefit of soy milk.
- Spinach include improving blood glucose control in diabetics, lowering the risk ofcancer, lowering blood pressure, improving bone health, lowering the risk of developing asthma and more.
Shah Rukh Khan (Bollywood Actor)
- Shah Rukh Khan eats egg whites, a glass of orange juice in breakfast.
- While egg whites are a good source of protein and a great option for those suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol or cardiovascular disease.
- Orange juice is an excellent drink for the patients of high or low blood pressure. Orange juice also reduces the risk of heart attack.
Margaret Thatcher (Politician)
- Margaret Thatcher starts her day with coffee and half a grapefruit.
- Coffee can help people feel less tired and increase energy levels. Coffee contains magnesium and potassium, which regulates blood sugar level. Caffeine helps fat cells break down body fat and use it as fuel for training.
- Grapefruits are low in calories but are full of nutrients and an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
- He preferred his meal to be brought on two trays.
- On the first tray, Churchill wanted the poached egg, toast, jam, butter, coffee, milk, and cold chicken or other meats.
- On the second tray, he liked his grapefruit, sugar bowl, glass of orange squash, and a whisky soda.
- Milk, chicken, meats and eggs are good source of protein.
- Toasts, butter, jam, oranges and grapefruits contain minerals and vitamins which reduce fat level.