Akshay Kumar is an Indian-born Canadian actor and producer. He is also a former martial artist and producer,who has appeared inover a hundred Hindi films. He is famous for his films like Khiladi, Phir Hera Pheri, Housefull, Rowdy Rathore, OMG, Airlift and many more. He has made his acting debut with 1991 Bollywood movie Saugandh. His second film ‘Khiladi’ proved to be a hit at the box-office.
Akshay Kumar was born on September 9, 1967 in Amritsar, Punjab, India. His father was a military officer. He has one sister named Alka Bhatia.From a young age, Kumar was recognized as a performer, particularly as a dancer.
Akshay Kumar is one of the most successful actors in the history of Indian Cinema. He has been nominated for Filmfare Awards several times, winning it two times. He was also awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India. In 2011 The Asian Awards honored Kumar for his outstanding achievement in Cinema. In 2015, Kumar was ranked 9th in Forbes’ first global list of highest-paid actors in the world.
About Akshay Kumar
- Born Name :- Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia
- Nick Name :- Akki, King Kumar, Khiladi, Mac, The King of Bollywood, Raju
- Born :- 9 September 1967
- Sun Sign :- Virgo
- Born Place :- Amritsar, Punjab, India
- Residence :- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Occupation :- Actor, producer, presenter
- First Film :- 1991, Saugandh
- First TV Show :- Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (season 1)
- Nationality :- Canadian
- Religion :- Sikh
- School :- Don Bosco School Mumbai, Guru Nanak Khalsa
- College :- Guru Nanak Khalsa College
- Spouse :- Twinkle Khanna (Actress)
- Children :- (2) Aarav and Nitara
- Father :- Hari Om Bhatia (Worked in Indian Military Force)
- Mother :- Aruna Bhatia (Producer)
- Siblings :- Alka Bhatia (Sister)
- Others :- Rajesh Khanna (Father-in-law) (Actor), Dimple Kapadia (Mother-in-law) (Actress), Rinke Khanna (Sister-in-law) (Actress)
- Hobbies :- Playing cricket and volleyball, Collecting posters of old Bollywood movies, Cooking, Martial arts
- Favourite Food :- Thai green chicken curry, miso soup, sushi, sashimi, chocolate fudge
- Favourite Actor :- Ranveer Singh and Kamal Hassan
- Favourite Actress :- Sridevi
- Favourite Film :- Life is Beautiful
- Favourite Color :- Blue
- Favourite Sport :- Cricket, Martial Arts, Sailing
- Favourite Destination :- Goa and Canada
- Cars Collection :- Porsche Cayenne, Honda CRV, Bentley Continental GT, Mercedes and many more
- Bike Collection :- Yamaha VMax and Harley Davidson and many more
Physical Stats & More
- Build :- Athletic
- Height :- 5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
- Weight :- 75 kg or 165 pounds
- Chest :- 44 in or 112 cm
- Waist :- 32 in or 81 cm
- Biceps :- 15 in or 38 cm
- Shoe Size :- 12
- Eye Colour :- Dark Brown
- Hair Colour :- Black
Akshay follows balanced diet has proportionate mix of carbs, proteins, and fats. He doesn’t believe in dieting and eats 4-5 meals in a day. He confesses that the secret of his awesome physique is the healthy home cooked foods. He follows diet plan to get the best result from his workouts. He avoids alcohol and does not take any supplements.
- His breakfast includes parathas, egg whites and a glassful of milk. Milk and eggs provide him protein while parathas provide him carbohydrates.
- Snack consists of mixed veggies and fruits. Veggies and fruits are good source of vitamins, fibers and minerals.
- In lunch he eats veggies, daal, roti, steamed chicken and yogurt. Chicken has zinc which helps to maintain a healthy appetite. Yogurt is an important source of calcium, protein, vitamins A, riboflavin, phosphorus and potassium.
- Dinner is light meal comprising soup, veggies, and salad. He is done with his dinner before 7 pm and maintains gap of two hours between his dinner and hitting bed before 9 pm.
- Akshay does not train under the supervision of any fitness instructor.he trains on his own to keep his body fit and healthy.
- He mainly focuses on fitness not on muscular body.
- His fitness secrets are swimming, boxing, Kickboxing, stretching exercises, cardio, Martial, yoga and meditation.
- Akshay starts his day at 4:30 in the morning by warming up with a long, fast-paced walk.
- Then he performs some stretching exercises.
- He practices shadow boxing, Martial arts and kickboxing for an hour to stay fit. He says “My love for sports will never die. I love martial arts and I want to promote it in whichever way I can. I am a fighter first, then an actor.”
- When he does not get time for Martial arts then he climbs stairs. During the shooting of “Singh is King”, he climbed 74 floors in Singapore.
- For cardio, he does swimming, hopping, running, hiking, stair climbing etc.
- He also plays basketball thrice in a week for agility and stamina.
- He performs yoga and meditation every day in the morning for flexibility and inner balance. In Yoga, he practices Yamas, Niyamas, Santosha, meditation and stretching Yoga. Sometimes, he combines yoga exercises with swimming.
- Focus on fitness more than muscular body.
- Follow disciplined life.
- Follow balanced and clean diet.
- Try and eat within 20 minutes of waking up.
- Try to finish eating your meal at least two hours before bedtime.
- Try to add swimming in your fitness regime.
- Martial arts is the best way to get fit body.
” I’m not hungry for success. I am only hungry for good work, and that is how it is with most superstars. Every day I tell myself how fortunate I am to be where I am. “
— Akshay Kumar
— Akshay Kumar